[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 interface redesign

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 30 22:16:55 BST 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Paul NeoStormer
<paulneostormer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> no, because the A20, which is being used in this first EOMA68-compliant
>> CPU Card, does not have USB3.
>
> I understand the A20 doesn't have USB3, but does that mean all EOMA-68 cards
> cannot have USB3?

 paul, please look at the specification.

> Yes, but I suppose it would also give the standard a good chance if the
> first card out has decent specs.

 there are several barriers to entry for that to happen immediately.
if you have around $25k spare and contacts with any of the SoC
manufacturers that have USB3, and are happy to sign their NDAs, and we
are happy to delay the project by another four to six months getting
through all that, then it can be done.

 so, we do this first CPU Card.  which is ready to go.