[Arm-netbook] micro desktop

Stéphane Goujet stephane.goujet at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 30 12:31:05 BST 2014

On Fri, 30 May 2014, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Stéphane Goujet
> <stephane.goujet at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 May 2014, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>
>>> BOM and schematic PDF are here, review appreciated.
>>   I can get the BOM, but not the PDF :
>> You don't have permission to access
> sorted.

   Thanks.

   A few quick remarks:

*1* ACIN: should be renamed DCIN, I guess.

*2* PW_EN: when connected to U9 its wire has an output symbol. It should
be an input symbol.

*3* PW_EN: not generated anywhere yet.

*4* resistors around U9: R53 and R54 have very high values (they are
usually chosen around the range 10k-100k, not 100k-1M). Was there an
advise to do so, or a reference design doing so ?

*5* RESET circuit: I do not quite understand it. First, because VCC-3V3
depends on PW_EN (U9 switching regulator). Second, because you seem to
assert RESET (RESET#=0) when PW_EN==1: is this what you really want ?
Third, because... what is RESET# used for ?

   Or did you believe EN was an output of SY8008B ? That would explain
remarks 2, 3 and 5. But it is an input.

Goodbye,
   Stéphane.