[Arm-netbook] EOMA, Improv etc

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon May 26 09:04:29 BST 2014

Hi Paul,

On Sun, 25 May 2014 17:24:09 -0600, Paul NeoStormer
<paulneostormer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I absolutely agree with this, I have been following this product for years and I believe a crowdsourcing campaign is vital to getting this product off the ground. I would imagine pushing just the EOMA-68 card and include HDMI and powered USB-OTG cables; to start with. The have stretch goals that add a bare minimum MEB and slowly add ports to the MEB with each tier. I would recommend leaving a tablet for a separate product because then it could be marketed as working with the EOMA-68 cards that are available. Hope I'm not out of line, just a suggestion.

As far as suggestions go, I like the general idea of crowdfunding, and
the MEB as a stretch goal, although the bare MEB should IMO be part of
the base deal so that every funder receives self-sufficient hardware,
where the only other things you need to boot (yes, pun intended) are a
standard power supply and a standard micro-SD card (though they could be
included in the package too, mind you).

... and I vote for two GbEs and one (or more) SATA on the MEB within
the very first stretch goals. :)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.