[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sun May 25 22:42:18 BST 2014

sön 2014-05-25 klockan 15:26 -0400 skrev Stefan Monnier:
> these are not nearly as reliable as true SATA.  Second problem is the
> usual poor support for things like S.M.A.R.T or control of
> spin-down-when-idle.

Depends a lot on the USB->SATA bridge used. Both smartctl and hdparm
works fine with at least one of mine to control both SMART settings and
access to security feature functions. Haven't tried spindown settings,
but if security feature group works then I would assume the spindown
parameter settings would work as well.

Regards
Henrik