[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sun May 25 09:24:35 BST 2014

Hello,

On Sat, 24 May 2014 19:49:17 -0400
Derek LaHousse <dlahouss at mtu.edu> wrote:

[]

> As I
> understand it (and I could be wrong, please educate me), the USB bus
> generally has to go through CPU, while SATA can often be driven with
> DMA.

This is ridiculous, any bus can be driven by DMA, and how well that
works depends on particular controller (and driver) implementation, not
on a bus.

> I believe the RasPi currently has this problem with its USB
> busses.

That's probably because Raspberry Pi is made of botched hosed hardware
and software, and good people warned on staying away from it, because
from it, more bad things can be learned, than good
(http://whitequark.org/blog/2012/09/25/why-raspberry-pi-is-unsuitable-for-education/
, etc.)

[]

--