[Arm-netbook] Improv And Operation:Marketing for EMOA-*

Boris Barbour barbour at biologie.ens.fr
Tue May 20 17:59:53 BST 2014

Apologies if this turns out to be a stupid suggestion.

Calculations for prototypes have so far been based on runs of O(100)
fully assembled boards. Would there be any possibility of paying for a
handful of PCBs, a couple of sets of components (farnell, RS, digikey)
and finding a volunteer with some equipment to assemble by hand (paste,
oven, ...)?

I'm no expert (it probably shows), but the board doesn't seem hyper
dense in terms of components. Of course, there would be no econmoies of
scale at all, but it might provide an affordable way of inching past the
all-important debugging and validation stages.

Best wishes