[Arm-netbook] hannstar LCDs LED backlight circuit

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Dec 9 14:33:15 GMT 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 15:45 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
>>  ... *deep breath*... but.... hold everything, i've never been a great
>> fan of the 1024x600 LCD panels
>
> hmmm... thinks odroid-vu
> http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G140383714860
>
> Miniature HDMI monitor for $120.
> I bought one. If there were more of these things around
> with variety then lessens need for fixed screen.

 which reminds me: i need to work out a circuit for driving the LCD
backlight.  does anyone have e.g. one of these:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1931

i need an example circuit to work from: the one that i have uses the
SY7201 and it is designed to pulse the LEDs, whereas the Hannstar LCDs
have their own dedicated LED backlight PWM input.