[Arm-netbook] MIPI?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Apr 10 15:55:55 BST 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> ok, I get it. :)
>
> I see I've made the mistake for referring to the general eoma standards
> when I was asking about a particular one - eoma-86!

 68

> so in summary small screens that are eoma-86

 68

> compatible are only low res ones.

 yes, meaning that a low-cost device based on an EOMA68 CPU card would
actually *be* low-cost, by virtue of not needing:

 a) an ultra-expensive screen
 b) an ultra-expensive converter chip (e.g. MIPI to RGB/TTL)

 for larger screens ($20 to $25 for a 7in 1024x600 or $25 to $30 for a
10in 1280x800) these are typically LVDS and we may add $1 for an
SN75LVDS83b RGB/TTL-to-LVDS converter IC without too much fuss.

 by the time you get to Dual LVDS these are quite expensive relatively
speaking as well and the cost of RGB/TTL-to-Dual-LVDS converter ICs
again may be absorbed.

> I guess eoma-cf would be higher end?

 yes.  i think there, specifying MIPI or eDP is probably a good idea
because the kinds of CPUs that will go in such a small package are
those in embedded mobile space anyway.