[Arm-netbook] Home microserver based on ARM

Cláudio Sampaio patola at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:42:36 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Arokux X <arokux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> do you happen to know a home microserver based on ARM in a nice case?
> Something like this here [1] but less power hungry and fanless. There
> should be enough place to stick in 2-4 HDDs.

What do you consider a server? Is a raspberry pi eligible? I Have 15 ARM
devices with Linux. A raspberry pi, one beaglebone black, one pcduino, one
cubieboard, one ODROID-X2, one ODROID-U2, two CuBoxes, one ESBC-3200, one
UG802, one GK802, one Tronsmart T428, one ARM chromebook, a Nexus 7, a
Nexus 4. All of them running either Debian, Ubuntu or Ubuntu Touch. I
indeed use all as small servers, and some have hard disks attached to them.
Almost none have a fan - the octacore ODROID-XU here is the exception.

What do you want to build?
--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa