[Arm-netbook] [router] schematics started

Derek dlahouss at mtu.edu
Wed Sep 18 16:19:08 BST 2013

luke.leighton <luke.leighton <at> gmail.com> writes:

> talking to arokux yesterday i'm adding *two* MiniPCIe slots, one is
> for 3G and the other for WIFI cards.  not sure whether to make them
> both capable of taking SIMs... ehh, you can always get e.g. HE910s
> with a SIM holder attached, so i'll make sure the power circuits are
> up to the job of providing clean power.

Two mPCIe, neither of which are actually wired for PCIe?  That's going to
cause confusion.

> SATA comes from the MEB concept.  it's there, why not.

Feed it to an mSATA wired slot, and optionally provide eSATA.

> 4 ports of 10/100 ethernet is completely excessive, but kinda fun.
> what the heck.

Future-proof it, and give some ports of gigabit ethernet.  Remember, you
plan to only upgrade the EOMA card, to save on e-waste etc.

> 44-pin header...

Maybe split the RGB wires out into a header that can take a shield, for
later production of RGB-to-LVDS boards designed for specific LCDs.  My
understanding is that the number of wires across those cables and the plug
they use is always different.  Don't forget I2C and USB (from the
on-routerboard hub)... Hmm, this is a bit much for a routerboard, but would
be good to remember on a maxi-Engineering board.