[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 now booting Linaro distro from uSD card

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 11:58:19 BST 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 11:29 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:

> > Any instructions on what I can do to cut the chase
> > and get to sources for
> > Linaro  http://releases.linaro.org/latest/ubuntu/raring-images/alip
> > linaro-raring-alip-20130826-474 ?  :)
>
>  there are no shortcuts.  you'll need to become familiar with how
> gnu/linux distributions are built and maintained [by almost 1,000
> people in the case of debian].

A distro is just a snapshot and all I need is sources of that
snapshot which must exist.

Looking at LFS.

Distro makers have this sorted, so
surely someone has this sorted for embedded
or else they are all building empires of sand.

I note on ubuntu at least, I can just click on
all dev packages and I got sources for everything.
But I just want to click only for the packages in use
and automate the remaining work to collect
all sources in use. Would be nice if there was a
script or a feature that can do that.

Doesn't sound so ominous if tools exist. :)