[Arm-netbook] [EOMA68] RS232 on SoCs

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Mon Sep 16 12:53:23 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:

> Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> writes:
>
> > "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> writes:

> it's
> >
> > It used to work well before I got the MEB -- I had a few wires plugged
> > into the PCMCIA connector, with no issues.
> >
> > I'll try that again when i get back to the UK, but don't have much stuff
> > with me at present.
> >
> > So, perhaps the problem's with the MEB, or perhaps the RS232 adaptor has
> > been zapped in the mean time, and is now flaky.
>
> I finally got some time to have a good look at this, and ... sussed it :-)
>
> The MEB had a dry joint on pin 41 (UART_TX) which explains why I wasn't
> seeing anything most of the time -- that's now fixed, and we're now
> chatting reliably, so I'll get on with making the SD boot without
> needing fel, and will hopefully then get a bit further.

I apologize for the bad solder joint Phil, if you were closer I would have
offered to fix or exchange it for free.

Which reminds me, to everyone who has a board and wants it modified with
the most recent changes, I know it sounds incredible impractical, but if
you want to ship it to me, I fill fix it for free and pay for the return
shipment. I can't stand the thought of someone using something I made that
does not work. Regardless of "Engineering Sample" or not. :)

To those remaining few who do not have theirs yet.... keep an eye on your
mailbox this week. ;)

-Christopher