[Arm-netbook] [EOMA68] RS232 on SoCs

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Sep 16 12:38:17 BST 2013

Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> writes:

> "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Christopher Thomas
>> <christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
>>

>>> So the UART0 rarely works regardless of using the MEB? Or only when it's
>>> plugged into the MEB?
>
> It used to work well before I got the MEB -- I had a few wires plugged
> into the PCMCIA connector, with no issues.
>
> I'll try that again when i get back to the UK, but don't have much stuff
> with me at present.
>
> So, perhaps the problem's with the MEB, or perhaps the RS232 adaptor has
> been zapped in the mean time, and is now flaky.

I finally got some time to have a good look at this, and ... sussed it :-)

The MEB had a dry joint on pin 41 (UART_TX) which explains why I wasn't
seeing anything most of the time -- that's now fixed, and we're now
chatting reliably, so I'll get on with making the SD boot without
needing fel, and will hopefully then get a bit further.

Cheers, Phil.