[Arm-netbook] 480 × 272 5" LCD lash up ready for testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 02:18:56 BST 2013

> I tried got to a lot of things last night, and plenty milage with
> cubieboard2 which is so much further ahead. I got to the differences in
> boot.cmd, boot.scr, script.bin that I can fix from a stock sunxi dd uSD
> image. I guess the next step is the kernel and then locating the board
> specific packages and see what else needs doing to convert an existing
> uSD cubie2 images that can be worked on by a single script to convert it
> to boot on eoma.

 you should be able to drop in a different script.fex (the
eoma68-a20.fex one) and... err... that's about it.  you've already got
u-boot up so it should be utterly trivial.

> Then I can try the dozen or so images out there
> for cubie2 out on eoma and eliminate duplication. :)

 awesome.
--

The mistake was forgetting to create a fresh boot.scr
after editing boot.cmd.

Results so far:
1. EOMA Linux kernel boots the cubie A20 SD card image
    The cubie boots to a command line shell on the HDMI, but eoma
    kernel doesn't work the HDMI. Instead get root
    access through the UART only. Something need fixing in eoma kernel
    to get it booting with hdmi working/

2. EOMA Linux kernel can't boot with the EOMA lib.

3. Cubie image has sata working on a cubieboard, but eoma kernel
   does not allow sata to work with cubie's lib

4. Lots of other images to try out time permitting now that
   I know what combinations work get a command line.

5. Found the relevant LCD set up information fex file - draw a circuit
    soon to how to set up.

Its strange that EOMA kernel is the only kernel that works
with cubieboard root fs. If the CPU is the same and all of the
hardware details are in adjustable .fex files,
surely that should happen to a linux kernel?!