[Arm-netbook] 480 × 272 5" LCD lash up ready for testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 10:10:23 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM,  <jeff at jeffunit.com> wrote:

> I have had 2 OCZ drives fail; a core and a vertex 2. Both replaced under
> warranty. You should look at return rates:
>
> http://www.behardware.com/articles/862-7/components-returns-rates-6.html
>
> http://www.behardware.com/articles/881-7/components-returns-rates-7.html
>
> rather than relying on anecdotal evidence.

 jeff this is *actual* experience - we have had to pull out something
like 300 systems because of a 50%+ failure rate over the 3 years in
which they've been in the field.  we had to pull all of them because
we simply cannot trust OCZ any more.

 we _did_ learn that the very very early ones were better, and many of
those have been ok despite being in the field for longer, but we still
are never *ever* going to trust OCZ ever again, and are going to
inform people at every opportunity possible, based on the large
statistical base, the massive and endemic failure rate and the
disproportionate cost of having to have such a large amount of kit
returned and rebuilt (which cannot be recovered), that under no
circumstances should they use OCZ drives.