[Arm-netbook] 480 × 272 5" LCD lash up ready for testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 19:16:22 BST 2013

> On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 15:06 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>
>> > I order later today another SSD to install debian.
>> > I wasn't about to distro flip just just to be able to compile,
>> > so I decided to SSD flip instead !!!
>>
>>  don't bloody well get an OCZ!
>
> Hmmm... I plan to buy this
> http://www.ebuyer.com/386426-ocz-256gb-agility-4-ssd-agt4-25sat3-256g
>
> I never suffer a single problem with OCZ yet.
> 2nd preference was this
> http://www.ebuyer.com/410474-samsung-256gb-840-pro-series-ssd-mz-7pd256bw
>
> If you think ocz is going to be a problem, let me know and I change it
> for samsung pro.

I have had 2 OCZ drives fail; a core and a vertex 2. Both replaced under
warranty. You should look at return rates:

http://www.behardware.com/articles/862-7/components-returns-rates-6.html

http://www.behardware.com/articles/881-7/components-returns-rates-7.html

rather than relying on anecdotal evidence.

--

I never knew such problems existed.
I bought OCZ before competing brands existed.

The charts are a little old - but I ordered Samsung any way - its a little quicker.
Thanks.