[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 22:33:20 BST 2013

> > sunxi-tools don't work at the moment:
> >
> > gcc -g -O0 -Wall -Wextra -std=c99 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L -Iinclude/
> > `pkg-config --cflags libusb-1.0`  -o fel fel.c  `pkg-config --libs
> > libusb-1.0`
> > Package libusb-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb-1.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'libusb-1.0' found
> > Package libusb-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb-1.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'libusb-1.0' found
>
>  ok, then apt-get install libusb-1.0-dev  (ok on debian it's libusb-1.0-0-dev)
>
>  i'll update the page accordingly.

100%

uboot and sunxi-tools now cross compiles on ubuntu 12.04.3:

  # ARM with floating point support cross compiler install
  sudo apt-get install gcc-4.4-arm-linux-gnueabihf
  cd /usr/bin
  sudo ln -s arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.4 arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
  cd ~

  # download and cross compile uboot
  git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git
  cd u-boot-sunxi
  make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- EOMA68_A20_FEL
  cd ..

  # download and cross compile sunxi-tools
  sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0.0-dev
  git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools.git
  cd sunxi-tools
  make
  cd ..

--------------------------

Further instructions:

  #To get serial port software such as minicom going:

  sudo apt-get install minicom

  #plug in RS232-USB converter
  dmesg
  # should see something like ttyUSB0 attached.

  # unfortunately something has been done to Ubuntu 12.04 leaving serial port
  # functionality broken - do these to repair it (temporarily)
  sudo adduser your_user_name dialout
  sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyUSB0

  # open up a new command line window and run serial port from command line and leave it running all the time
  minicom -s
  # scroll down to serial port set up, and set device to /dev/ttyUSB0, 115200 8N1,
  # software or hardware flow control; press enter again to leave that menu.
  # scroll down and select Exit from the menu. This exits the menu and takes you
  # to RS232 interactive mode. (minicom exit command is type CRTL-A, Z, X)

  # keeping the 2 pressed on the keyboard, turn on the EOMA, and something like this will show:
  # (keep pressing the 2 key until "Jump to fel" message is seen on the minicom screen)

HELLO! BOOT0 is starting!
boot0 version : 2.0.0
read dram para.
dram size =1024MB
0xffffffff
super_standby_flag = 0
Succeed in opening nand flash.
block from 2 to 6
deal block 2
Succeed in reading Boot1 file head.
The size of Boot1 is 0x00068000.
The file stored in 0x00000000 of block 2 is perfect.
Check is correct.
Ready to disable icache.
Succeed in loading Boot1.
Jump to Boot1.
[       0.151] boot1 version : 2.0.0
[       0.160] script installed early ok
[       0.161] pmu type = 3
[       0.162] bat vol = 0 mv
[       0.180] axi:ahb:apb=4:2:2
[       0.180] set dcdc2=1400mv, clock=912M successed
[       0.182] key
[       0.195] no key found
[       0.195] flash init start
[       0.279] flash init finish
[       0.305] fs init ok
[       0.307] fattype FAT16
[       0.307] fs mount ok
[       0.312] nand good_block_ratio=912
[       0.312] storage_type=0
[       0.357] 50
[       0.357] Jump to fel

  # going back to old command line, plug in EOMA micro USB cable and enter
  lsusb

  # The listing will look something like this:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 064e:a129 Suyin Corp.
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1f3a:efe8
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 062a:0001 Creative Labs Notebook Optical Mouse
Bus 005 Device 006: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x Composite Device

  # Note the device listed as Bus 002 - it has no entries on the right side.
  # That is the EOMA. To check it is working, do this:

  cd sunxi-tools
  sudo ./usb-boot ../u-boot-sunxi/spl/u-boot-spl.bin ../u-boot/u-boot.bin

  # ordinarily sudo is not needed in above line, it seems USB on Ubuntu 12.04 is broken.
  # note ./usb-boot takes two parameters, both of which were previously compiled
  # and sitting in u-boot-sunxi directory.
  # The messages I get when ./usb-boot runs are these:

fel write 0x2000 ../u-boot-sunxi/spl/u-boot-spl.bin
fel exe 0x2000
fel write 0x4a000000 ../u-boot/u-boot.bin
fel: fel.c:240: load_file: Assertion `in' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

  # and on the minicom window, I get these messages:

U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc1-08247-gd787d30 (Sep 04 2013 - 10:03:46)
Board: EOMA68_A20_FEL
DRAM: 1024 MiB
CPU: 960000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2

----