[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 12:52:09 BST 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 06:18 -0500, Christopher wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 4, 2013, at 5:18 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 20:20 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> >> right.  we really need to know how many other sample units have
> >> working ethernet.  who else has a MEB and a CPU Card that is in a
> >> position to try this out?
> >
> > If you can upload uSD image somewhere, I got 2 EOMAs to try out.
>

> I know it's not ideal, but its a heck of a lot faster than debugging compile issues. (I'm running into similar problems as you. ) If you want to quickly test Ethernet, you can download the cubieboard a20 ubn image and use Phoenix suite to "burn" it to the NAND. It will install Linaro with a perfectly functional X desktop and eth and ahci enabled, needs the eoma68 uboot and fex changed to properly enable mmc and sata. If I can get u-boot to flipping build correctly, I could finally test SATA.
>
> Speaking of, correct me if I am misunderstanding something, but looking at eoma68_a20_config, under SCSI Transports, CONFIG_ATA is disabled. Shouldn't it be enabled? As well as a few more features?
>
> Anyway, going back to bed.

My plans were to leave the NAND alone as its got working Android
and go for uSD - I need what is working for demos.

My boss wants to see this working asap with an LCD
so I'm game for whatever it takes until it can be made to work.
I'm on freenode IRC #arm-netbook  24/7 (username focus)
so I'm thinking may be gather there to sort out each issue?
This stuff needs documenting for the newbies because I'm also a newb
to this level of detailed work
and ideally I'd like to do it all in Ubuntu (for no reason than
it is running on 20 odd PCs and gadgets I got already).