[Arm-netbook] One other thing -- emulation question...

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 17:58:23 BST 2013

Hello,

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:41:49 -0400
Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One more idea that just popped up (I promise I won't spam the list
> too much with this kind of junk).
>
> How much of a performance penalty/loss would be incurred by "pulling
> a Transmeta" -- by which I mean emulating x86 hardware with, in this
> case, ARM...? Say, convincing an A20 to emulate something like a P3
> CPU?

One thing you forgot to mention is why the heck someone would want to
emulate x86? Where someone needs x86, they just use it, in all other
areas, everyone is galloping away from x86 and uses raw performance of
platform, without need to "emulate" anything. Anyway, QEMU emulates
anything on anything, so what?

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com