[Arm-netbook] stress! and working with libopencm3, stm32sprog and an STM32F103

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:00:26 BST 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 00:10 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> well.  there is a particular issue with stm32sprog which has massively
>> hindered progress over the past few weeks.
>
> hmmm..  I live and breathe cortex. I could help when I have
> spare time,

 it's ok joe i got this covered.

 what i _could_ do with is a review on how to use libopencm3 to do
"ETR"-based timer triggering instead of "Count/Compare".  (TIM8_ETR
instead of say TIM2_CH2).  the latency on the Count/Compare is, at the
speeds this is operating at, i believe, delaying things to the point
where the data lines are no longer valid.  the pseudo-algorithm for
this is around page 300 of the reference manual.

 but i'm sure with another day or two i'll get that sorted.