[Arm-netbook] My little idea...

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:50:56 BST 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Never dealt with licensing, so whatever you think is best works for me. I'm
> pawing through that PDF you pointed me to, just to be safe -- if it's any
> help the revised VGA schematic I'm drawing up now uses 74HC125's for the
> buffer-drivers. Gimme another half hour or so and I'll have you another scan
> <g>

 :)

> One other thing I thought of -- would it be permissible to tie a GPIO in
> with my power-on logic setup (in between the Mims-debounced pushbutton and
> the improvised T flipflop) so that the system could at least turn itself
> off...?

 yeah i don't see why not *shrugs*.  although... to be honest there's
a self-power-down method in software anyway: you just ask the AXP209
to go "bye bye" and it does :)

> Right now you'd need a Win95 style "it is now safe to turn off your
> computer" screen to tell the user to hit the pushbutton. Ack. (Also, if
> there's a good way to do that circuit with an IRF510 instead of an IRF9510
> I'd love to know -- IRF510s can be had at Radio Shack, but the IRF9510 is
> almost hen's-teeth even at Mouser...)
>
> I'm afraid I'm useless with opamps.

 well... at least i'm having fun with them.  currently quite a lot of
"bzzzzt" i have to get rid of off the mic - i'm looking instead at
tiny bzzt at the mic a *HUGE* bzzzzt post-amplified :)

> I've used a 741 once and it didn't work
>>.< of course when I stuffed a 386 in there, that DID work -- was a super
> duper simple amplified speaker in a reuseable coffee cup for a relative who
> never used it because by the time it was done she had a different car with
> an aux-in jack so she didn't need it.

 doh!

> Oh, yeah... "flying squirrel"...? What the heck...?

 first name someone came up with