[Arm-netbook] My little idea...

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:12:24 BST 2013

Schematic for the improved VGA circuit is DONE. I'll go scan it right
now (after I fix the one bug I just realized I made).

This is the Olimex design I found -->
http://olimex.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/low-cost-lcd-to-vga-adapter/

Again, mine's completely different. To enable 18b VGA you need one GPIO.
Adding 24b capability requires a second GPIO. The circuit as drawn uses
GPIO3 and GPIO4 to not conflict with the earlier schematics which use
GPIOs 0,1,2 to drive the Ethernet port LEDs. Not that which GPIOs are
used matters. Oh right -- the enable signals are active low, because
electronics are almost always like that :P

Just a thought -- a few extra transistors and resistors here and you
could have it work with 8/12/18/24b color as well -- but you'd need four
GPIOs (base would be 8b, with 12/18/24 selectable with up to 3 more GPIOs).