[Arm-netbook] eoma68 router pcb

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 01:31:59 GMT 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Christopher Havel
<laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/2013 8:10 PM, luke.leighton wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Christopher Havel
>> <laserhawk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hey guys... why not just use a 5v 4a external laptop-style brick...?
>>
>>   still have to have a power regulator chris.  yes definitely the
>> 5.5-2.1mm jack, the smaller connector i was thinking of won't take the
>> current.
>>
>> l.

> Thought those supplies were regulated already...?

 absolutely irrelevant.  cannot be trusted, cannot provide stable
current.  wires too long.  and  they actually supply 5.5V..  and, what
happens if some idiot plugs in a 6V PSU?  what happens if there's a
small spike?  so... no.

 btw can you please cut irrelevant text, read up on mailing list
etiquette, at least you're not top-posting but it's causing me to
spend considerable time each and every time replying to you by having
to cut out a whole stack of crap.  the more time you force me to spend
doing that the less time i will have to reply to you.