[Arm-netbook] GK802 for $70

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:17:55 BST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup, some trivial database was my thoughts on how to optimize opkg
> further.

 the only key issue being: it has to be an absolute absolute
minimalist dependency.  tdb which was under 1,000 lines of code back
when it was first written in 2000 kinda springs to mind there, except
it's key-blob, key-blob only: you'd have to implement indexing with
that, and that then becomes part of the problem: if something goes
wrong and you're faced with using e.g. busybox to fix a system how the
hell would you recover from something that's no longer in text file
format?

> For now, keeping those files at *1.5*mbyte helps ;-)

 .... and there, i think, having less packages in the database helps!
for a typical openwrt repo i'm guessing it's measured in hundreds.
for debian it's *tens* of thousands.