[Arm-netbook] GK802 for $70

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Fri May 24 02:06:30 BST 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:47:58PM +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>  but yes: the version of debian-installer i want to set up for the a10
> variant will be booting over USB-OTG (g_ether).  so, you'd plug and
> power it in a PC, and the plan is to enable busybox's telnetd and just
> run with no username/password.
>
>  minor inconvenience of having to set up routing (NAT) on the host PC
> over usbnet, but that's not hard.

Hi Luke,

This is a really cool idea, too.

Have you experimented with, or thought about, enabling the serial
gadget as well?  That would take away the routing config hassles,
although I guess you then need wifi or a usb/ethernet adapter for the
netinst download parts.

Unfortunately USB OTG in the GK802 is a bit flaky (the USB A & B ports
are wired together, and there are currently kernel bugs with
plug/unplug while OTG is enabled), but it should work great on A10. :)

- Angus