[Arm-netbook] Testing the EOMA68 ( and possibly other SOC's ) for gpu stability and functionality

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Wed May 8 19:40:34 BST 2013

I know that the 3D functionality tends to be a major issue with most
vendors. A good example is PowerVR chipsets and bugs involving npot (
Non-power-of-two) textures. That said, I think it would be a good idea
to check with allwinner ( and possibly other soc's ) to see if they
would give the driver a good vetting. I know that there is an ever
increasing number of tests that can be found using piglit[1]. Piglit
may advertise specifically having tests for OpenGL, however there is
plenty of tests for mobile devices considering that there is tests for
OpenGL ES 1, OpenGL ES 2, OpenGL ES 3, and OpenCL. This is a tests a
lot of functionality and probably could be used to make sure functions
work as expected. I also know that the project is open to all sorts of
patches and that can be helpful in grey areas seeing as how that can
be an problem. I have also found that this provides a relatively good
test for stability seeing as how the first step with piglit is to get
the test suite to run from start to finish without any ill effects.
This is probably the most important thing piglit can offfer... It
offers automated tests to make sure that things are working as
intended.

As for actual installation, The documentation is a good Source, the
only part that is not obvious on where to find it is Waffle[2]. As for
packaging, Ubuntu has an example package of piglit in a launchpad ppa
and this can be modified for use on debian [3]

[1]  Piglit - piglit is an OpenGL test suite
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/piglit

[2] Waffle - a library for selecting GL API and window system at runtime
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~chadversary/waffle/

[3] piglit:  "xorg crack pushers" team
https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/piglit