[Arm-netbook] eoma-68 micro engineering boards: anyone need one?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 00:36:56 BST 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Christopher Thomas
<christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
> If I had all components of the EOMA68-A20 card available to me, I
> could do very small runs of the card (around 20 at the most), but
> sourcing parts like the A20 is problematic. Cheapest I've been able to
> source the A20 is $8.97 in qty of 100,

 wow.  then that confirms what my ears didn't at first believe, that
the large-volume price of the A20 is $7.50.  for a 1.2ghz (possibly
even faster) dual-core processor with SATA, Ethernet, HDMI and
everything else.  whereas the iMX6-Dual is $22 for the 1ghz version
for example.

 i'm.... really confused.  why is there such a huge discrepancy in
pricing, here?  it's not like there's even any competition inside
china: allwinner's pricing is even lower than other chinese SoCs.

 regardless: it's a major turning-point.  things get very interesting now.