[Arm-netbook] 4 GPL'd KiCAD boards released for A10 CPU system development

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 15:36:07 BST 2013

Hello,

On Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:38:48 +0000
joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 4 GPL'd KiCAD boards released for A10 CPU system development
>
> http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html#03June2013
>
> KiCAD is open source and free and so anyone can use
> these GPL'd board designs to build their own systems.

I've been following your (Joe's, Ajith's) work for some time, and one
thing I wanted to ask all the time - why don't you guys use git? Well,
now I actually went looking at your boards, and it's pretty easy to get
lost in all those tarballs. And it's definitely not possible to follow
changes you make with such approach - "release notes" which come with a
tarball don't provide enough detail to both review/verify your changes
and learn from them.

Take slapin's board as a different example:
https://github.com/slapin/a13board . His repo has 100 revisions, each
with a comment of the changes made. So, it captures actual design
process, from which community can learn, as well as verify and
possibly amend each change made.

Thanks,
Paul

[]