[Arm-netbook] Google Groups Re: EOMA68-A20 usb fel-boot and u-boot upload (no GPL-violating allwinner boot0 or boot1 involved)

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Mon Jun 3 12:40:11 BST 2013

On 03/06/13 13:31, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:17:55 +0100
> "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Great news. I assume you've let the linux-sunxi maillist know.
>>
>>   no i haven't: they're running on non-free infrastructure and i am
>> keeping to my principles of staying as much as i can away from
>> non-free server infrastructure.  if they would like to move to
>> free-software-hosted infrastructure there are dozens of people willing
>> to help them to do that, and i will then be happy to subscribe to the
>> linux-sunxi list and will send them patches etc.
>
> I agree it would awesome if linux-sunxi@ (and also cubieboard@ while we're at
> it) were migrated away from Google Groups, because telling people to go post
> message in a Google group is basically like telling them to go sign up for a
> Google account* -- which is something I would like to avoid suggesting to
> people.

you can subscribe sending an empty mail to
<linux-sunxi+subscribe at googlegroups.com> without needing your mail
address registered as a G account. (same applies for cubieboard@)

also, googlegrooups was used because none of the known mailman hosters
in the linux world accepted to give us space. most didn't even care to
reply the request, others politely replied we weren't relevant. and I
didn't have time to setup (and maintain) postfix/mailman myself.

there are a few others with `sudo` access to the sunxi server these days
who are free to setup (and maintain) a self contained
dev at linux-sunxi.org list. otoh spam control on an open list is a pain,
and big G  is pretty good handling that part. and they give a decent web
interface with it.

Cheers,
Alejandro