[Arm-netbook] parallella

Ken Phillis Jr kphillisjr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 01:27:46 BST 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the solution is probably looking into a hybrid setup where you
>> use a Zynq XC7Z010 or Zynq XC7Z020 soc as a base and then add a
>> secondary ( cheaper/lower-powered ) FPGA to handle things like Sata
>> and power.
>
>  yehhh, but it doesn't compare with the Jm20329 which is under $0.50
> but wait you have to add $1 for a USB hub IC and that's extra board
> space hmmm.... then also with a lower-powered FPGA you'd be able to do
> a parallel bus between the two FPGAs.
>
>  yeah good thinking ken.
>
> l.

The whole reason I suggested the multi-FPGA approach is to reduce the
number of IC chips on the board. This will help with things like
allowing more chips to be used with either the EOMA-26 standard and
EOMA-68 standard. Some of the features could be things like FM
Receiver, extra UART ports, AC'97 controller Interface and possibly an
USB OTG interface.

[1] http://opencores.org/