[Arm-netbook] 10in tablet and dock

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 13:37:43 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 08:28 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM, David Lanzendörfer
> <david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch> wrote:
> >>Pre order this its posibility?
> > Basically. This project was my idea, I'm working on it, and yes I can put you
> > onto the list of people receiving one of the first prototype batches.
>
>  david: this list is for discussion of EOMA products, concepts and
> strategy.  as you are new here you have yet to decide if you are
> committed to the EOMA-68 programme, which is at an advanced stage,
> finalised as far as the interfaces and specification are concerned,
> and is close to releasing its first CPU Card for long-term products as
> well as its first I/O boards.

On a positive note,
I got about 1 kilo dollar to spend on open sourced projects per month.

What can 1 kilo dollar buy these days?

At least 1 open sourced PCB per week and tech assistance to make sure it
works.

At least 1 fully populated open sourced product per month and tech
assistance.

And many things in between.

Most interesting to me are anything that are I/O boards
for the eoma done up in KiCAD.

I got relay board done and a keyboard half done for related
projects which I plan to release soon - as soon as I can work out
how to knit it into EOMA. (Also done a quad PIC board with 200 pin
SO-DIMM connector and did up slapin's A13 board with 200 pin SO-DIMM
edge connector - all queued up to be released soon.)

Next on the list to do is a PCMCIA mboard with SO-DIMM board to knit all
these hardware bits together as quickly as possible to make custom self
contained gadgets. May be adding FPC connectors and prototyping area can
allow it to knit it with relay board and keyboard PCBs. Open to ideas.
Want stepper controller board, opto isolated RS232, a power supply like
the one in Sheevaplug done up in kicad, a dimmer controller and other
household gadgetry that benefits from having it controlled through
internet (IoT).