[Arm-netbook] Need help finding components in China

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:12:20 BST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM, David Lanzendörfer
<david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch> wrote:

> The connectors are the last step. First I need PMUs,

 look at the schematics and datasheets for the various CPU Cards i
did.  *don't* look at the iMX6 one.

> Keyboardcontroller and so on.

 i started down this road.  maybe it is different for something as
simple as a keyboard/mouse dock.  after i'd added everything up i went
"y'know... using an STM32F is a *lot* cheaper".

>>Generally it is not one stop problem and you will have to make some research.
> Research is always needed. You can't make something creatively new, when
> you use all the default components in the very same configuration as everyone
> else has already done ;-)

 ahh.... hang on a sec.  you're not *actually* creating anything new,
here - you're re-doing existing product designs as EOMA-68 products.

 would you agree?

 if so, then actually, copying *existing* products would be a
seriously, seriously good idea.

 so... to that end, have you identified any popular products, taken
them apart and looked up the chipsets?  (or done the
internet-equivalent thereof)...