[Arm-netbook] Must watch video of GK802

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Fri Jan 11 09:26:03 GMT 2013

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:12:21 +0000
jm <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> 2. There is no soldered flash! It uses a micro SDCard for OS!!
>
> Doh!
>
> Why didn't anyone else think of that?! :-)

A lot of tablets actually use an internal SD slot + SD card in it for the OS.
One example I personally opened (to fix) is a Vimicro VC882-based Flytouch 6
(aka Wopad V10, etc).

> This kind of thing should now be possible for all
> these matchbox computers because of f2fs.

As you can see this was possible long before, despite some new FS.

> F2fs keeps writing files to new locations and then cycle
> back to the beginning allowing even wear levelling.

SD cards already do this on the h/w level.

> The great thing is that you can now yank out the OS
> and put a new OS in seconds. No way to brick a device.

So it's just like any Allwinner A10-based device, while very nice, not any
super new achievement either.

--
With respect,
Roman