[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re: Ya Nanonote

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:47:51 GMT 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:

> The EOMA-CF variant is meant for space critical devices

 yes.

> and is different
> from the EOMA-68 which is the primary focus.

 hence why i'm doing these two CPU cards first.  space is veery tight,
so it's pretty much going to need a complete custom casework
design.... per CPU.  that's about $10k just for the casework.

> I don't think we've heard of anyone targeting the CF variant yet, hence
> why it's being advocated for such a small device like the Nanonote.

 i see no reason why a tiny laptop using EOMA68 should not be made.
it'd have to be about 20mm thick, but could easily be something like
95 x 70mm.

 screen: 3.5mm, PCMCIA holder: 6mm.  PCB: 2mm.  case back: 1.5mm
keyboard: 2mm.  case top: 1.5mm.  components: 2mm max height.
battery: 3mm.  comes to 21mm - ok, maybe pushing it.