[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re: Ya Nanonote

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Feb 27 16:11:03 GMT 2013

On 02/27/2013 10:37 AM, joem wrote:
[...]
>>> Like I said. EOMA-CF would be the answer.
>
> EOMA PCB design files are gpl'd - so it would be easy for anyone to
> take it, put a keyboard on it and away they go?!
> Apart from investment in plastic tooling, the rest is almost all done.
> The costs are about same as A10 tablet as it uses A10 tablet parts.

http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68

VS

http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/CompactFlash

The EOMA-CF variant is meant for space critical devices and is different
from the EOMA-68 which is the primary focus.

I don't think we've heard of anyone targeting the CF variant yet, hence
why it's being advocated for such a small device like the Nanonote.

--
Scott Sullivan