[Arm-netbook] How best to get touch working on EOMA?

N Shipp nshp at mail4us.net
Mon Dec 9 17:02:45 GMT 2013

On 2013-12-09 08:43, joem wrote:
> That is two projects needing doing - generic switch mode power supply
> and generic touch to mouse converter.

Why pretend it's a mouse? evdev (kernel & xf86) has multitouch
absolute-positioned cursor-handling code built in which doesn't care if
the device in question is a mouse, touchpad, touchscreen, etc.. As far
as I know, the device just has to advertise its inputs right, and it
should be picked up. That said, Meego's mtev driver has been more
competent on the X11 side in my experience.

What am I missing?