[Arm-netbook] Flashing the NAND

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 8 01:34:12 GMT 2013

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 03:19:50 Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> PS. I'm a little bit surprised that Aaron immediately assumed that
> this weird behaviour is somehow the typical user experience, which
> needs to be documented on the wiki. I also hope that the other

Fair question.

It turns out that this “weird behaviour” has been run into by several others
previously. There have even been workaround put into use, as you noted. Now,
where is that documented?

It isn’t (unless you count google as documentation ;) and so when people run
into issues they are left with very little to go on. How much better if that
information was captured somewhere for easy discovery and follow up.

> "numerous gotchas" are going to be properly reported to the
> linux-sunxi developers.

Not all are relevant to linux-sunxi, those that we run into that are we will
definitely communicate them to you.

>Patches are even more appreciated. IMHO

Obviously. What I’m suggesting is something that has proven elsewhere to help
increase the number of patches a project receives.

> that's the only practical way to improve the situation. But if

Agreed; so one should do what one can to increase the odds of receiving such
patches.

> somebody thinks that it is possible to achieve better results by
> "holding meetings" and "creating processes", then feel free to do
> so and prove me wrong :)

You’ve been proven wrong countless times in countless projects that have been
through these same sorts of issues. You can chose to learn from history or
ignore it.

--
Aaron J. Seigo