[Arm-netbook] Flashing the NAND

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 20:52:25 GMT 2013

replies brief, fell off bicycle, damaged shoulder.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, December 6, 2013 14:55:43 luke.leighton wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>> > On Friday, December 6, 2013 12:44:42 luke.leighton wrote:
>> >
>> > knowledge is being generated and then *thrown away*.
>>
>>  not when i'm doing it.  i document everything as i'm going along,
>> because i've done this a number of times.  it does however begin to
>
> I know you try to do this, but it isn’t producing results useful to others.

 notes needed. info good. not enough collaboration.  too early.

>> try my patience to have to follow up pretty much every single message
>> to arm-netbooks with "could you please put that on the wiki”.
>
> That’s because the wiki is not useful. If it were, people would be using it.

 no product.  beyond most people to be honest.  i'm motivated, but not
paid.  others: no motivation, nor any pay.  result: no long-term
contributions!  lots of people help along the way though.  really
really grateful.

> In part this is because there is no “the  wiki”: there is the wiki on rhombus-
> tech.net which starts with "Welcome to Rhombus Tech, a CIC company”, there is
> elinux.org which a wonderful maze of relevant and not-relevant information and
> there is the linux-sunxi.org wiki.

 sunxi went off did their own thing.

> We should discuss all this during the future irc meeting, starting by defining
> what our needs are as a group, what our expectations are, cataloging our
> current assets and then creating process that may work for us to move us
> forward.

 good idea.  you're good at that.  i have a different style.

>> > "would people be open to having one with the goal of improving this
>> > situation?”
>>
>>  yes!
>
> ok, cool. for you, evenings (UTC) and weekends work better than daytime,
> correct?

 yes.

> i’m thinking of something in early January to get this started ...

 great.