[Arm-netbook] Upcoming CPU Card Status?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Dec 6 16:30:01 GMT 2013

On Friday, December 6, 2013 15:54:55 joem wrote:
> > that’s kwin with the desktop cube. Marco is switching between desktops
> > and as he does so you can see the cube rotate. as with the compiz
> > cube, you can also go into “cube mode” and move it around with the
> > mouse, etc. but this video shows it is working and that the
> > performance is even not so bad.
>

> Wow!!! YES!!
>
> Absolutely where I want to get to. Any documentation/images to try out?

Marco has images, he’s sorting out some remaining things[1] but then will make
the images available online.

he’ll also be putting together some documentation for how to go from the
images that the Mer SDK spits out to an image you can flash, since there’s the
need to adjust the final image a bit for the partitioning fun required to boot
these SoCs.

in any case, he’ll post here as soon as the images etc are available for
download.

[1] he just got openGL magically working w/out running the mali-test app; not
sure what triggered that exactly as it started working after enabling the nand
drivers in his kernel build, and now things are lovely even without the nand
drivers .. soooo ... still a bit of a mystery, but at least “it works”(tm)

--
Aaron J. Seigo