[Arm-netbook] Flashing the NAND

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 22:35:50 GMT 2013

Hi all,
I have an A20 based eoma68 card.
I have now an image based on the Mer distribution that can boot and runs fine
from the microSD card (following http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/
and http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html)

but the next necessary step is to flash a booting image to the internal NAND
of the eoma68 (and in the end make an image that can be installed by default
from the factory).

I understand there have been some progress (I see drivers for it in
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/tree/wip/linux-sunxi-3.4/cubieboard/drivers/block/sunxi_nand but nothing that looks like it
shows up in /dev?)

I was wondering what is the procedure for it? did anybody managed to obtain a
booting linux distribution from the nand? (seems a proprietary windows
application is needed for the flashing?)

Cheers,
Marco Martin