[Arm-netbook] SHIPPING!: EOMA-68 Micro Engineering Boards

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:34:42 BST 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM, RS1932 <rs1932 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke,
> What are the funding requirements for an iMX6 card?

 hard to say as it's an incredibly tight fit for all the components.
the PCB design i did i was advised that it needs to have the 2 layers
added back in (the ones i spent months removing... *sigh*).  it could
be a total redesign ($10k to $25k), or it could be a matter of someone
at an hourly rate finishing off what i've done and it works first time
($2k).

 so it's not "deep pockets" but it's not small change either.  we have
learned that the cost in the far east of the iMX6 is significantly
lower than it is in the EU and USA, making its chances for use much
better.

 what i can do - if people are genuinely interested - is approach a
company i've been recommended to contact - and ask them to quote for
finishing off the design that i've done.

 also, CE/FCC certificates if it's to be treated as a stand-alone
component will be somewhere between $7k and $12k [this cost applies to
all CPU Cards, *but* we've learned that if it's in another system you
*don't* have to get a CE/FCC certificate for the CPU Card].