[Arm-netbook] Gmail, top posting, was: EOMA-68 hand-held games console in development

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Tue Apr 30 13:42:26 BST 2013

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:07:18 +0100
Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 30 April 2013 12:55, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:13:37PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> >> On Apr 30, 2013 11:51 AM, "R.CG" <me at rcg.re> wrote:
> >> >

> >> Replying from my SGP 4.2 with the "Respond inline".
> >
> > FWIW, that message broke threading for me in Mutt, and I had to fix it
> > manually.
> >
> > That client is as bad as MS-Outlook in that sense?
> >

> All Gmail clients, including the web based one for PC, break threading
> intentionally. It's one of these "think differently" stuff that leaked
> into Mountain View.

You did not understand what "Break threading" means. Let me illustrate how it
looks in my client.
http://s.lowendshare.com/3/1367325666.297.2013-04-30T123745Z-threading.png
Instead of being attached below to the same thread, that message started a new
one. And no, "All Gmail clients" never normally do that.

--
With respect,
Roman