[Arm-netbook] 15in EOMA-68 laptop

darton 9d darton9d at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 15:57:08 BST 2013

Please don't sell it to me, I'm already in! ;)

Is $200 ARM-based laptop technically possible? Sure.

Is $200 Intel-based laptop technically possible? Sure.

Can Linux on ARM satisfy average user needs? Sure.

Will world become better when the laptop discussed here comes to live?
Definitely.

Do I want to have and ARM-based laptop? Yes, and I'm willing to pay more
than $200 for it if required.

Will an average user with $200 budget choose an ARM/Linux laptop, or an
Android tablet? I don't know. Maybe some will, but not a majority.

Will a company with a known laptop brand invest into cheap ARM laptop? I
*believe* not (yes, that's a matter of beliefs, I cannot reasonably prove
it)
*
(N.B. Toshiba AC100 is a good example: it is $200 lap.. ughm, netbook. It's
extremely popular with the few tech-savvy persons who know what it is. And
it's discontinued.)*

Is the ARM laptop project worth investing, at the very least, some time
into? I *believe* yes.

Sincerely,
Mikhail