[Arm-netbook] A10 Memory Behavior.

Iain Bullard iain.bullard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:40:51 BST 2012

On 17 September 2012 15:30, Piyush Verma <piyush.pv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Recently I was facing big issue of memory leak with video player. I did
> lots of testing and here is my test results as below.
>
> Play 25mb video with CedarPlayer.
>

>   *Sr No* *Test* *Free Memory (MB)* *Action* *After Execution Free Memory
> (MB)*  1 Playing Video Approx 302 M/M loosing continously 302 – File Size
> 2 Replay Video 302 – File Size M/M not loosing No Loss (302 – File Size)
> 3 Copy File From scp command Approx 302 M/M loosing continously 302 –
> File Size  4 Playing Video after scp command 302 – File Size M/M not
> loosing No Loss (302 – File Size)  5 Downloading any file from Internet Approx
> 302 M/M loosing continously 302 – File Size  6 write simple prog that
> allocate m/m from melloc and then free that m/m Approx 302 M/M not loosing Approx
> 302  7 Replay the Video 302 – File Size Full M/M is allocated to the prog
> at the starting that is equal to file size 302 – File Size (No Leak)
>
> If something not getting clear from above please let me know.
>

> Waiting for suggestion to identify Issue

Questions:

What does M/M Stand for?
How are you measuring the free/available memory?

Info:
I've thought that there was a kernel memory leak with older versions of the
libve driver - which resulted in the system eventually crashing.

However, with the CedarXTestPlayer and the more recent video decode demos
(which I think you have now) I have not been able to reproduce the issue.