[Arm-netbook] A10 Memory Behavior.

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:30:57 BST 2012

Hello All,

Recently I was facing big issue of memory leak with video player. I did
lots of testing and here is my test results as below.

Play 25mb video with CedarPlayer.

   *Sr No* *Test* *Free Memory (MB)* *Action* *After Execution Free Memory
(MB)*  1 Playing Video Approx 302 M/M loosing continously 302 – File
Size  2 Replay
Video 302 – File Size M/M not loosing No Loss (302 – File Size)  3 Copy
File From scp command Approx 302 M/M loosing continously 302 – File
Size  4 Playing
Video after scp command 302 – File Size M/M not loosing No Loss (302 – File
Size)  5 Downloading any file from Internet Approx 302 M/M loosing
continously 302 – File Size  6 write simple prog that allocate m/m from
melloc and then free that m/m Approx 302 M/M not loosing Approx 302  7 Replay
the Video 302 – File Size Full M/M is allocated to the prog at the starting
that is equal to file size 302 – File Size (No Leak)

If something not getting clear from above please let me know.

Waiting for suggestion to identify Issue

--
Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma