[Arm-netbook] origen 4 (exynos S5PV310)

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:58:33 BST 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Henrik Nordström
<henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> fre 2012-09-14 klockan 21:58 -0500 skrev Eric Stuyvesant:
>
>> Yeah, and 2ghz dualcore A15 as well. Wowwww is right.
>
> Does it fit in eoma power profile?

 it's designed for phones/tablets; it should be.  ok, it's in 32nm so
power consumption will be 1/2 that of anything at 45nm.  however the
speed's up, too.

 this article gives some clues however:
 http://blogs.arm.com/soc-design/712-squaring-the-circle-optimizing-power-efficiency-in-a-cortex-a15-processor/

 "One of the biggest challenges in designing high-performance systems
on the latest nodes is keeping the power profile and leakage levels
really low. And it is here that the Cortex-A15 hard macro really
excels, delivering a blistering performance of more than 2GHz and in
excess of 20,000DMIPS, while maintaining the power efficiency of the
Cortex-A9 hard macro. This makes this latest macro offering from ARM a
real and timely boon to SoC designers venturing into what are for
many, uncharted territories."

 although it's "blah blah", it's good blah blah :)

 so answer, yes, i think we can say it'll be all right.