[Arm-netbook] Official ICS for Mele

Angus Gratton gus at projectgus.com
Fri Sep 14 00:43:51 BST 2012

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:37:46 +0200
Jan Lukeš <johny007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have also problem when converting to DVI. It caused by HDMI standard
> which can output in two color space modes  YCbCr  or RGB. But DVI uses only
> RGB. More detailed explanation here
> http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-dvi-hdmi-hdcp-connections-11-2004.html

Hi Jan,

What exactly is the problem you're seeing? From the description of the
cause I assume it's wrong colours (from memory white goes to purple
if viewing YCbCr as RGB, is that right?)

For what it's worth, DVI can transmit YCbCr just fine as long as the
monitor supports it. Both the monitors I have in front of me support
it, but I admit that's a pretty small sample set! There's usually an
option in the menu somewhere for "input colour format".

Hope this helps,

Angus