[Arm-netbook] Any new video decode lib Gimli

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:31:25 BST 2012

Hello Everybody,

Hi Gimli,

I was trying to make a video player using Cedar Lib.

I have tested lib from two sources.

https://github.com/amery/allwinner-a10-video
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65312725/a10_decoder.tar.gz

I am able to decode raw H264 frames using hardware codec and display on
screen.
In-fact there is full demo with a10_decoder.tar.gz .
But there is really a very very big issue. That is memory leak.
There is huge memory leak possibly with each frame displayer. If I try to
play full hd video in 2 min it eats up all memory approx 320MB.
I have tested and ensured that memory leak is not my side code but in
library or kernel side.

I try to trace program with strace. Like strace -e mmap2 ./VideoPlayer
Another wonder is there is not mmpa2 call whiche playing video it's only on
startup. But when I watch memory with "top" command i can see contentious
memory loss.

I check in Cedar driver side there is only three calls of kmalloc which is
also in init.

I really can't figure out way how to proceed.

So based on above information some question.

1   Is there any new lib released from Allwinner where memory leak is
fixed. May be for XBMC development.
2   Is there any other way to allocate memory besides mmap2 ?
3   Any other possibility to identify and fix memory leak.

--
Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma