[Arm-netbook] GSM/GPRS and 3G EOMA-68 Cards

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:23:20 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Kent Williams <kent at scuznet.com> wrote:
>> my question is therefore would it be of interest to people to have an
>> EOMA-68 3G CPU Card?
>>

> Most certainly. My interest in this project actually depends on creating a
> device with options for Ethernet and 3G data connectivity options. I was
> going to add 3G via USB interface or similar on a carrier board if no-one
> else creates a better alternate solution first.

 well there's a way to save yourself a bit of development costs: use
something like the option GTM378 ahh... ahh... what der f***?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unlocked-Dell-5530-Eircsson-F3507G-GPS-HSDPA-WWAN-3G-MINI-PCI-E-Wireless-Card-/271046447249?pt=UK_Computing_NetworkCards_RL&hash=item3f1ba09091

£11 inc P&P from Hong Kong?  brand new?? including GPS??  amazing.  3G
cards used to go for £60+

 well i _was_ going to recommend you try to get hold of some unlocked
3G USB dongles but you might find these Mini USB-based PCIe modems are
competitively priced.

> For the right solution (reliable and <$100), I have an need for a first
> order of 100 units.

 great!

> Unfortunately I've only been able to help out with things that don't take up
> my time for now (eg, VM and connectivity for the build server), however I
> hope to get more involved in the hardware side of things in the coming
> months.

 no worries kent.