[Arm-netbook] irony: requirement for 100 A10 PCBs with GPIO-controlled power-up on USB 5V rail, or a Mini-PCIe socket

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Nov 29 00:46:32 GMT 2012

ons 2012-11-28 klockan 18:41 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:

> but the requirements are *very* specific: the WIFI and 3G, which are
> usually USB-powered, typically crash (for whatever reason) but they're
> often 5V powered and you can't shut them down.

USB compliant ports MUST have power control.

I know by experience that the cubieboard does have fully working USB
power control. Power on each USB port can easily be switched on/off by
toggling a GPIO pin (PH3 & PH6 for each of the USB host ports
respectively, see schematics for detail)

Regards
Henrik